Roses 8-3
Thursday, March 8, 2007 23:43
It’s International Women’s Day today! Happy Woman’s Day to all Queens on the Earth!! .. Haha like that matters. Anyway, it’s quite a big day over here. Somewhat like Singapore’s Valentine’s Day, you see rose peddlers everywhere, and guys are supposed to give the all-fantastic females roses. Or cakes. Or both! =D And because it’s IWD, everyone at the bakery gets half a day off! Finished work at 3+ p.m. today, after doing like what - a Korean cookie and a rabbit bun! (Was sent to the R&D department for today as well, because the poor cake deco department was so pitifully busy)
Another thing: We’ve just moved hotels this morning. It’s much more hotelish than the previous motelish hotel, but history has just proven to repeat itself! The bed’s facing the mirror
again, and Pd and S got the bigger room
again! (That’s because we’re given two room keys at first, and then for some weird reason we always end up with the smaller one, but paying the same?!) Well, nevermind. Fate has decreed it to be, maybe Queens are destined to get smaller rooms, or maybe, well, it’s just the people… And to think today’s
INTERNATION WOOOOOOOMEN’S DAY. Bah humbug. And back to changing hotels – er, of course the price’s changed too, but just
slightly steeper.
Really. We were forced to change because the hotel’s land lease is up and will no longer be open for business!!
Talk about bad luck! A
spate of bad luck! Speaking of which, apparently Mr. S got to connect wirelessly in his oh-so-big-grandeur room 521 while I’m still typing this the bah-humbug offline way. My shoe sole came off yesterday. I ordered half-boiled (half!) eggs this morning and got them hard-boiled. Twice I tried ordering spaghetti and they turned out to have beef (thít bỏ), so now I go ‘Không án thít bỏ!!!!!’ (meaning ‘I don’t eat beef, broken Vietnamese way) whenever I order something, and the waitress must think I’m an over-paranoid person, and that the mad-cow disease was like a past century thing. The first drop of rain today ever since I stepped foot in Vietnam. The mouse bun I made did not make it into Top 10 because its tail was too fat. =( I know – I know, shit happens. Well, I too know that after every bad phase comes the good one =D So I’ll just console myself like this.

More flowers!
Please do not look for me if you want rounded cream decorations. Flowers are preferred! Siewlee is better with the former!