Piece of Cake
Sunday, March 18, 2007 11:03

It’s been 3 weeks already and I’m still in cake deco department! Supposed to be there for only 2 weeks but.. =) It’s too fun to go. So after all that whining requesting, Pd and S stayed on in the R&D dept., making their cempedak, apple cakes whatnot, and me! Me with my cakes.


Some of the decoration on the side of the cakes
To them, it’s like (pun intended), piece of cake. I risked breaking my wrist while learning these!

It's quite funny and fun, trying to communicate with them. Once, they made these Cempedak cake, which I thought was Banana cake when I first tried it. So I was like saying "Monkey! Monkey! Baaa-Naaa-Naaa!" ('Monkey' is one of the few words they know). They gave up trying to tell me I was wrong, so they showed me the cempedak fruit instead =X

Anyway, had an indirect company off-day again on 14th March Wed. New outlet of Duc Phat Vina Bread opened and we went down to take a look… sit around.. basically we helped made the place look more crowded =) Free buffet lunch, and then – home at 3 p.m. Me and Siewlee slept at 7 p.m., all the way till next morning =X .

Off-day! Off-day!


Up to your imagination (Samuel touching punching Pd)


Food for thought.
Left: 500 Dong (Note) compared with 1000 Dong (Coin)
Right: 500 Dong (Note) compared with 5 Cents (Coin) (500 Dong about equivalent to 5 Cents)


Took the public bus first time here! Bus No. 80 and 6, cost about erm.. $0.30 in total?? Passengers board from the back door and exit from the front door! Which reminds me – when I got down from the bus just now, a motorbike zoomed past me and missed me by inches (puts index and thumb together) !!! And I screamed. Yikes.



Pics from the Cu Chi Tunnel

If you’re wondering if we miss the food in Singapore, chances are no. Food here is pretty much the same, so much cheaper and might be even better. Probably the only thing that I miss is Subway! We get to eat dark and white chocolate, baguette, buns everyday at the bakery for free!! And their chocolates and cakes are out of the world I tell you! Better than Cadbury! Better than Breadtalk! I swear I’m going to overload my baggage. A packet of sweet strawberries cost $1.05 here, which is probably gonna take $4 out of your wallet if you were to buy it in Singapore, my friends :D

By the way, if you're wondering why there are so few pictures of Sl, Pd and S, reason is because
1. Samuel likes taking pictures of inanimate objects, more specifically, of food and things
2. Samuel likes taking pictures of himself, of Pd, and of him and Pd together, which I don't find much point in posting. Why? Hmm. ;)
3. Siewlee doesn't like taking too many pictures
4. So that leaves pictures of myself! Haha. Excuses..